Thursday, March 5, 2009

Afterglow Mineral Cosmetics Haul



I received a package from Afterglow Cosmetics the other day but I haven't tested it yet. I'm waiting until I my skin renews itself after my recent session with laser a couple of days ago.  The items that I received are not the actual size of the mineral jars.  I chose the smaller, sample sizes that they put together for you. The kit includes two shades of foundation, a blush and a finishing veil.  It came in a lovely silver case with a buffer brush and concealer brush.  The ingredients are all natural and the brushes are vegan.  This makeup is free of Bismuth Oxychloride which is a very popular ingredient in mineral makeup and can make your face feel very itchy.  I've heard many complaints about this.

The reason I bought this, apart from the fact that I'm curious and a product junkie was to have a natural, light coverage for summer.  The last thing I want to do is put liquid makeup on my face during those hot, muggy, humid days.  I do have several shades of MAC Studio Fix Foundation but my skin looks somewhat chalky when I wear it.

I'm a skeptic when it comes to powder or mineral makeup.  I've always used foundation in a liquid format and I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept that a buffing of minerals is going to last all day.  The one thing I hate is touching up my foundation and concealer, once you start doing that its downhill from there.  The only exception is when you need to redo your face in a hurry before heading out for the evening.

Although I haven't used this on myself, I did try this out on my mother twice and she loved it.  The blush is a beautiful colour.  Coincidentally its her perfect shade and I know she's eyeing my new haul.  We'll see in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment