Saturday, February 28, 2009

Alyria Exfoliating Cream Level One....where has this been my whole life? I love it!!!


I have been trying out a new product for about 3 weeks now and I'm getting excellent results from it and I wanted to share this with you.  The product is an exfoliating cream called Alyria Exfoliating Cream Level 1.  This cream contains time-released glycolic acid, the AHA of choice, which helps slough off dead cells on the surface of the skin revealing a fresher, younger-looking complexion.  Regular use helps refine pores and reduces the appearance of fine lines and leaves your skin smoother and more radiant.  I love this cream because it does all that.

My skin type in the last 5 years has changed with the help of age, children, my job and the constant changing weather in Canada.  As a result, I've found my skin to be sensitive on the cheeks (I have mild rosacea), larger pores around my nose and the skin on my nose and chin was getting thicker and rough.  If I did not manually exfoliate every two days the skin on my nose and chin which had blackheads would start coming through, gross.  However, the consequences of frequent exfoliation were breakouts around the chin area and the lower cheek bone area, which I'm told for women is the hormonal area.  I was getting dry patches on my face and my cheeks were getting red and bumpy because I was irritating the rosacea.  I didn't know what else to use and needless to say, I was not happy putting foundation on my face anymore. I was getting really discouraged.  How was I going to keep my skin smooth, hydrated, exfoliated and less irritated without manually scraping at it.

In general, I'm very picky and very skeptical of skin care products because its all about the advertising, the hype and the packaging.  My weakness is cosmetics not skin creams.  I've changed my mind with this product.  There are 3 levels of potency to this cream and it was recommended to me to stay with level one because the other levels could dry out my skin.  This is also very good at keeping breakouts under control.  You can't purchase this product online in Canada but you can get it from a dermatologist or a medispa.  In the U.S. I'm sure it can be purchased online.  Their website www.alyria-med.com.  I just noticed that Allure Magazine has added it to its 'Editor's favorite' category.

I purchased this product for $40 cdn and its totally worth it.  I personally don't find this price to be expensive at all considering a pea size amount does your entire face. I only apply this at night and when I wake up I have the smoothest and most hydrated skin ever!  Best of all, I need less foundation coverage and it goes on really smooth.  It does tingle at first as you build a tolerance to it.  I felt no discomfort.  You can really tell the improvement in my skin when I apply cream blush and finishing powder.  It never looks bumpy or dry anymore and my pores are visibly smaller without makeup.

I had to share this with you, I can't keep a good thing to myself.  Hope this helps someone.  In the next few posts I'm going to share some of the products that I really believe have made an improvement in my skin.  Have a good day and thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment